Relax on the Beach Pet Policy:
We love pets, and many of our houses are pet friendly. Please check our pet friendly vacation rentals on the home page to determine which of our homes accept pets. We do welcome other pets as well – so please check to be sure your pet will be welcome.
Pet Policies and Rules for Pets:
- A $50 pet fee is required per pet, limit 2.
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds.
- Please clean up any pet “poo” in the yard.
- Dogs must be on a leash when walked.
- Crates — if you are bringing puppies, we do ask you to crate them when you are not home, or at the very least, do not let them have the run of the home.
- Flea and tick protection: fleas are here on the Gulf Coast in full force, so please be sure your pets are current on their flea protection medicine.
- Pets are not allowed on the beach at Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, but are allowed along the peninsula at Ft Morgan.
- Pets are allowed on the beach on St George and in pet friendly designated areas of Panama City Beach.
Gulf Shores Dog Park is fenced in and has a bench, drinking water, and trees. Although it’s simple, it is a great spot to take your pet.
Gulf Shores Dog Park, 260 Clubhouse Rd and Hwy 59, Gulf Shores, AL
Dauphin Island :
Dogs on a leash are allowed on the public beach year round. The public beach near the Red School House and the old fishing pier is the largest area on Dauphin Island set aside for dogs and their owners to romp and play on the sand and in the surf. There are at least a couple of miles of beach there, and with Sand Island now connected to Dauphin Island, there is another three miles of undeveloped beach jutting out into the Gulf on that barrier island. Though dogs are allowed at Dauphin Island’s primary public beach and at the Dauphin Island Campground, dogs are not allowed at the West End Beach Park on the Island’s extreme west end.
Dogs on a leash are allowed on beaches in the city of Fort Morgan, but are not permitted on Alabama state beaches or Fort Morgan State Historic Site property.
Dogs are allowed on a 400-foot piece of the shore west of the City Pier also known as the Russell-Fields Pier. Dogs must be on a leash and are permitted on the beach from sunrise to sunset each day. Dog owners must have proof their pets’ vaccinations are current and the dogs must have proper ID tags. Owners must clean up after their dogs, and food in bowls is prohibited. No more than three dogs per person are allowed on the beach at any time.
Frank Brown Park, 16200 Panama City Beach Pkwy, Panama City Beach, FL - This is a big recreational park. with a fenced in dog park. It is clean and has a water fountain.
Dogs on a leash are allowed on public beaches on St. George Island, but are not permitted on the beach within St. George Island State Park.